Two-Alarm High-Rise Fire in the First Due
Yesterday morning, units were dispatched to a two-alarm high-rise fire at the Kenwood Condominium in Glen Echo Fire Department’s first due. PE711 was first on scene, and crews quickly knocked the fire on the 12th floor. During their primary search, firefighters rescued one resident in the fire apartment. A711B transported the patient priority two to Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore for smoke inhalation. Around 85 firefighters were dispatched to the scene, including crews from Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department. There were no first responder injuries, and units cleared the incident by later in the afternoon.
Photo credit: MCFRS Public Information Officer